Concargo is your focused transportation partner.
When you consistently run short on time and options, you can engage a partner that brings availability and performance.
- We can provide you with dedicated equipment.
- We can help you reduce your capital expenditure.
- We can accomplish the task and help you reduce your overall burden.
With a nationwide fleet of 1 tonne pick-ups, 2-8 tonne flatbed, closed and taut-liner trucks, and various heavier load trucks and trailers, we are the perfect partner to move your freight and help you fortify your supply chain.
In addition to this, Concargo’s fleet offers:
- Exclusive use
- Surface freight planning
- Just-in-time (JIT) deliveries
- Expedited truckload services
- Comprehensive EDI capabilities
- Trans-loading and pool distribution services
- Satellite tracking for continued peace of mind
Transloading is the practice of handling freight directly from one mode of transportation (inbound) into another mode of transportation (outbound). These modes can include any combination of rail, ocean, truck or air. The freight does not enter a warehousing inventory, but is rather a “rolling inventory” of goods “in transit.”
Key Transload Operational Benefits
- Improved cash flow
- Faster time to market
- Reduced transit times
- Increased throughput
- Reduced operating costs
- Reduced inventory levels
- Reduced product damages
- Reduced product obsolescence
- Greater supply-chain responsiveness
A cross-docking/pool distribution strategy is an effective solution leveraged to improve transportation service to customers and reduce handling and storage costs. The cross-dock layout allows for the quick movement, or flow through It allows clients to route product from one or multiple manufacturing site(s) to a Concargo distribution center strategically located nearer to the designated customer population. Product is shipped in bulk from manufacturing plants to Concargo where it is then deconsolidated into multiple shipments and delivered directly to the outbound customer. Additionally, special packaging and labeling requirements can be met as a value-added function of the Concargo cross-dock service offering.
Cross docking/Pool Distribution shifts the focus from “supply chain” to “demand chain”. For example stock coming into cross docking center has already been pre-allocated against a replenishment order generated by a retailer in the supply chain.
- Materials are brought in to one central location and then sorted for delivery to a variety of destinations
- Deconsolidation arrangements, where large shipments are broken down into smaller lots for ease of delivery
- Consolidation arrangements, where a variety of smaller shipments are combined into one larger shipment for economy of transport
Key Operational Highlights
- Reliable outbound delivery
- Single point accountability from arrival to destination
- Geographically desirable to major ports and rail lines
- Time-defined appointments to enhance outbound efficiency
- Flexibility and resources to accommodate even the highest volume needs
- Multi-stop runs, which maximizes capacity and leverage economies of scale
- Web-based track and trace system for 100% real-time visibility at every step
- Comprehensive order verification process to ensure order integrity at any point throughout the network